Sunday, March 9, 2014

Week 39--The kid next to me is in a Spider Man hoodie!


Hey family!

I was in Wal-Mart today with my companion (which is always an adventure, because I always feel like we are a couple shopping for our apartment and people always think we work there. "Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find creamed corn?" "Oh we're missionaries...") and I was telling him that I was so excited to check my email! I guess it was more than usual. But it was to read all about the wedding! First off, I know I said something last week, and I will probably write something personally to you, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I have the prettiest sister in the world. Also, the best sister in the world! I'm so proud of her and it is probably really weird for the kid sitting next to me in the Spider Man hoodie because I was crying my little eyes out reading about the wedding and looking at the picture. Oh well, one day he will understand.
Anyway, not too much happening here in our neck of the woods. We only had spaghetti twice this week, but two of the days we had pizza, so essentially the same thing. Last night, a family dropped off a huge tub of spaghetti with 5 or 6 sausages on the top, and so my companion and I and another set of Elders just picked off the sausages. But one night we went to a dinner with a less active/part member family and the mom was like, "We only have steak and rice, I hope that's okay." I almost cried I was so happy. And THEN we went to another lesson after that, and the Mom was like, "Would you like some steak? We had some left over from dinner." It was like a dream come true. I wanted to kiss everyone in the families right on the forehead.
Darryl, our super sweet invesitgator, was suppose to be baptized on Saturday, but he came down with a fever so he will have to wait till next week. That was kind of a downer. I looked forward to being at his baptism all week, but it will just be that much better this next weekend!
There is something called "Kendama" which is a Japannesse toy that all the middle and high schoolers play here. So we have been playing a lot of Kendama with middle schoolers these past couple of days. We challenge them and tell them if we win we get to teach them a lesson, and if they win we give them one of our ties. Needless to say I have been giving out some ties lately. We teach them after anyway!
I don't have very much time left, but I just want to tell everyone that I love you all! Wherever you are in this world, I love you all. And I know that Heavenly Father is very aware of everyone in this world, and he loves us all equally. And that's something I love, because I need his love.
Stay warm
Elder Gleave!


No comments:

Post a Comment