Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 97/98--T-Rex and Girl on the Beach



April 28, 2015



Hello Family! 

Your probably wondering about my title. That's good. I would be too.

On Wednesday, we were walking around, trying to see if people were home, and one of the members called us and told us in broken English that he has someone who wants to be baptized on Saturday and we need to come to the beach right now. A little suspicious, we went over to the beach he was at, and the member gets this blonde girl from off the beach. She comes over to us and says, "I'm not a Mormon, but I want to get baptized. Is that a problem?" Uhhh...no? But we quickly realized that she wanted to get baptized and stay in the Baptist Church, and was just looking for someone to baptize her. Well we told her that we should first probably teach her about our church. As we dove into the restoration, I quickly began to realize how religious she was. From first judgement, I thought there was no way that she took religion that seriously, and it was more of something she just wanted to do for fun. But she told us how she went to Egypt to know if the Bible was true, and how she wanted to give herself completely to God. The lesson actually turned out to be an incredibly spiritual lesson. We gave her a Book of Mormon, testified of its truthfulness, and committed her to read it. She told us later she was reading the Book, and although we didn't baptize her, or weren't able to meet with her again, I believe she will one day find out the truth. 

As for T-Rex, he's just a guy we met the other night walking around an apartment complex. I just like his name. He was joking with us that he starred in Jurassic Park. 

Things are going well. It doesn't really feel like I'm finishing my mission anytime soon. I just gave my last training of my mission, which is really weird. But it honestly just feels like I will be doing the same thing next month and the month after and the month after...

Please continue praying for Miracle May! Not only for me but for your families as well! Let's ALL of us make May an amazing month! I love you all, and will talk to you next week!

Love, 
Elder Gleave
1) Burning an Elder's Dallas Cowboys shirt and giving him a BroncosHello Family! 

Your probably wondering about my title. That's good. I would be too.

On Wednesday we were walking around, trying to see if people were home, and one of the members called us and told us in broken English that he has someone who wants to be baptized on Saturday and we need to come to the beach right now. A little suspicious, we went over to the beach he was at, and the member gets this blonde girl from off the beach. She comes over to us and says, "I'm not a Mormon, but I want to get baptized. Is that a problem?" Uhhh...no? But we quickly realized that she wanted to get baptized and stay in the Baptist church, and was just looking for someone to baptize her. Well we told her that we should first probably teach her about our church. As we dove into the Restoration, I quickly began to realize how religious she was. From first judgement, I thought there was no way that she took religion that seriously, and it was more of something she just wanted to do for fun. But she told us how she went to Egypt to know if the Bible was true, and how she wanted to give herself completely to God. The lesson actually turned out to be an incredibly Spiritual lesson. We gave her a Book of Mormon, testified of its truthfulness, and committed her to read it. She told us later she was reading the Book, and although we didn't baptize her, or weren't able to meet with her again, I believe she will one day find out the truth. 

As for T-Rex, he's just a guy we met the other night walking around an apartment complex. I just like his name. He was joking with us that he stared in Jurassic Park. 

Things are going well. It doesnt really feel like I'm finishing my mission anytime soon. I just gave my last training of my mission, which is really weird. But it honestly just feels like I will be doing the same thing next month and the month after and the month after...

Please continue praying for Miracle May! Not only for me but for your families as well! Lets ALL of us make May an amazing month! I love you all, and will talk to you next week!

Love, 
Elder Gleave
1) Dinner Mountain
2) Burning an Elder's Dallas Cowboy shirt and giving him a Bronco's.
3) SelfIez with Sister Warner!!



April 20, 2015

Cat's Pajamas
Hey Family! 

I dont know why I put that as my title. I just really have run out of creative titles. So cat's pajamas was the lucky winner today. 

This week has been incredible. I say that about every week, but that's because every week is incredible. Noted, missionary work does have its ups and downs, and not all the time is this sunshine and rainbows, but for the most part, it is good! 

Here's a few highlights of the week. 

On Thursday, I had my last Zone Conference. That was pretty weird. At Zone Conference, they always have the missionaries who are new to the mission, and who are going home give their testimonies. My whole mission I have been watching these missionaries get up there, cry their eyes out about how much their mission has meant to them, and then give amazing testimonies. I always wondered what it was going to be like for me. I guess it was one of those situations where you never really know what you are going to do until it happens. Well on Thursday it was my time. Although I knew it was coming, it really just sneaks up on you. The weird thing is, it just felt like another testimony. Maybe it is because I haven't really thought about the fact that I'm going home, or just it hasn't really hit me yet, it felt like I would be going up there in a few more months doing the same thing. It's weird to think about the fact that two years ago, I was giving my greenie testimony. It honestly feels like yesterday. That being said, there was two other missionaries who were giving their "dying" testimonies, but they had to leave early. As tradition goes, the missionaries who are going home, the whole rooms sings "Aloha Oe" to them. Usually there is 3 or 4 missionaries standing up there, but since they all left early, IT WAS JUST ME. Bahhh soo awkward! The whole zone was just staring at me. This mission is so amazing.

On Monday, President told us that he is going to designate May as "Miracle May" and we are going to shoot for 100 BAPTISMS. Of course, since it was my last month, I was all for this. MIRACLE MAY BABY GO BIG OR GO HOME! So me and Elder Samoala evaluated our potentials and decided that we are going to go for 4 baptisms in the month of May. So we needed to act THIS WEEK. We set up for baptism, our home boy Kaneke. He's so much fun to teach, and we love his guts. When we went over last week, we started sharing the gospel with his Mom, who is a non-member as well. And she immediately LOVED it. Every word we said, she enjoyed so much. We went over on Saturday, and committed them to be baptized on the same day. ETERNAL FAMILIES Y'ALL.  Then we had to act fast on this Samoan family that we got a referral for. It was the brother of a recent convert, and she told us to go visit them. We got a hold of them on Friday, and we taught them about the restoration of the gospel. The spirit was so strong. In the beginning, the father wasn't that interested in what we had to say, but by the end, he loved what we were teaching. We weren't able to get a commitment out of them, but he did invite us to go his 2 year-old daughter's party the next day! So things are looking up. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not teaching these people to get numbers or to brag or show I'm a good missionary, in all sincerity, I love these people we are teaching with all my heart, and although they don't see it now, these things which we are sharing can literally change their lives forever. And that's why I get so excited and try to get these 4 baptisms. I trust in the Lord and his work though. 

But all is well. I love this church so much! I love all of you! Thank you for the support and prayers! 

Love,

Elder Gleave







No comments:

Post a Comment