Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week 36--Out with the Old; In with the New


To all my favorite couples out there, I wish you a most sincere Happy Valentine's Day.
As for me, I'll stick with my ever-deepening relationship with food.
I hope all is going well! I heard the Browns made it to Colorado! It's awesome whenever people from the mission connect with people from home. Speaking of people of mission people and home people connecting, Jun Son, Elder Son, who served in Colorado came home from his mission and gave his homecoming talk. So he saw me give my farewell talk when he was a missionary, and I saw him give his homecoming talk when I'm a missionary. Very cool experience. We talked a lot about Colorado. He says he misses Texas Road House and Garlic Knot. I DON'T BLAME HIM.
I only have a little bit of time because I'm going out to lunch with Jacob and he is on his way now, but just wanted to give you guys a heads up: IM BEING TRANSFERED. I'm going to Ewa Beach 2nd ward in the Waipahu stake. I'm really excited. I'm sad I am leaving the city, I have grown to love it, but I am excited about new adventures.
We have been teaching this couple who is homeless, and they sleep by the church. The Dad is a LA member who was innactive for 34 years and decided to come back a month ago, and the wife is a non-member. We gave her a Book of Mormon last week, and she hasn't put it down since! They seem so much happier ever since we've started teaching them. On Friday, we had a dinner drop off, so people just gave us some dinner plates, and we decided to bring it to them and have dinner with them. Even though we were on the ground, eating with some homeless people, I felt the spirit so strong and it was probably my favorite dinner. I LOVE THE CHURCH.
Something that makes me sad about leaving is having to leave the Fitzgerald family. It's a family we've been teaching and we go over every week to eat diiner with them. I've really grown to love them and I am going to be sad when I have to miss their baptism. Oh well, I just feel blessed I get to teach them!
One upside about serving in the city is how tight you become with the homeless people. They LOVE missionaries! It's so awesome! They may be the craziest people to talk to, but who doesn't need a little a crazy in their life? Now that I think about, people probably think I'm a little crazy...side effects of being stuck with the same person for 6 weeks 24/7 and having a diet that consists of nothing but rice and fast food.
I'm sorry this email isn't creative or funny or that spiritual. I recently really have been enjoying 2nd Nephi 4. So if I could leave you with a message about Jesus, it's don't let your past sins burden you and bring you down. Lift your hearts and rejoice in Christ! If you are stuck in the past, you can't progress to the future. "The past is to be learned from, but not to be lived in. We look back to claim the embers from glowing experiences, but not the ashes. And when we have learned what we need to learn and have brought us the best that we have experienced, then we look ahead and remember that faith is always pointed toward the future." --Jeffery R Holland.
I love the gospel, and am thankful for my Savior. I'm going into my 7th transfer, that means I only have 10 more to get people into this church! I wish it'd never end.
WELL, I hope cupid is kind this Valentine's day. LOVE YA'LL
LOVE
Lover Boy Gleave

No comments:

Post a Comment