Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 49--Mama's Boy


Hola.

What is up people! First off, I wanted to say how GREAT it was to Skype yesterday. I know that about 45% of the time was used to make funny faces at each other (sorry mom), but I know that I wouldn't expect it any other way. I guess you could say it was a quick reminder about how amazing my family is, and quite possibly and even probably the best family in the world. But then again, you could say I am a little bias. Once a Gleavelet, always a Gleavelet. Also, it's easy for me to say that I have the best mama in the world. It's weird to think that only a year ago, I was up on the pulpit giving my farewell speech. I wish I could be at home to tell you how much I love you, but I guess making faces on Skype will have to suffice. But in all actuality, I love you mom so very much. Anyone who puts up with me for 19 years and keeps their sanity is up there in my book. Mama Gleave, I love you to death and back, and I am grateful for the gospel and the chance I have to see your smiling face for all time and eternity! If any of you want to understand about how important mothers are to me, or how I feel about my mom, check this out!
Not too much happened this week. One of the missionaries was going home, so we all got together and threw him a big party. We got him so t shirts at Ross, cooked him up corn dogs and bean burritos, and threw a party the best any 20 year-old missionaries could! It was a really good time. But on Saturday we literally helped this family move their entire house. It was a good time. I've been thinking about getting a bunch of RM's together and starting a little moving business. I think we'd make a lot of money.
We are teaching this young Samoan woman named Fele, and her Auntie...named Fele. We've already taught younger Fele everything, but the story on how we met them is pretty interesting. One of the first weeks we were here, we were visiting a part-member family in a single story apartment building with small little flats. All we had was the apartment building, not the number, so we knocked on the front door, and was like, "Is this the Hamblins?" and he pointed us around back. There was two doors, so we knocked on one, no answer. Then we knocked on the other, and a 17 year-old Samoan girl answered with a BYU-Idaho shirt on, and we were like, OH! Perfect. Has to be her. We asked her if she was a member, and she was like, "A member of what?" And so we asked if she was a member of our church, and she said no and laughed and told us it was her cousin's. Anyway, we've taught younger Fele all the lessons and she's knee deep into the BOM, and we just taught the older Fele the restoration, but it's going to be a challenge because they are deeply involved in their own church. The reason why I told this though, is because we had dinner with them on Friday, and after they asked us if we would like to join in their "Devotional". We said yes, and they proceeded to sing an absolutely incredible two-part harmony of a Samoan hymn. It was amazing. Then the Auntie gave a prayer, where she literally thanked Heavenly Father for everything. And the amazing thing was she was truly truly grateful for all those things. It reminded me of Psalms 100:4 "Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise; be thankful unto him, and bless his name." They are a wonderful couple of people, and I pray that one day they will accept the gospel in its fullest. Well, yet again, another week goes by. I will be looking foreward to the time I get to Skype again! I love you all, and am thankful for all.

Until next time,
Elder "Ohhhhhh yeah. He's a mama boy." Gleave 



No comments:

Post a Comment