Thursday, July 17, 2014

Week 57--Happy Birthday America

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY YA'LL

I love this country. Merica. Good news Mom, I didn't blow off my thumbs! They're still here and I'm still giving people thumbs up and shakas. For 4th of July we went up a hill and played some volleyball then watched the firework shows along the coast. It was super fun! Too bad my camera was dead, I didn't get any pictures. But that's okay. My inner pyro was going nuts. All I wanted to do was jump over fountains and shoot bottle rockets at one other. 

But I hope your 4th was a good one! This week has been quite the week. First off, one of my bestest buddies in the whole wide world, Elder Humpherys, punched in his two years and took a one way trip to Utah. This was on Wednesday. That was an emotional day! We spent the whole day trying to run around and visit people before he left, so that was hectic, and I could just imagine what was going through his head. "This is the last time I will do this." Anyway, we ended the day by driving him into the airport with the sun setting behind the Honolulu skyline while were singing our hearts out. It was the perfect ending to an amazing missionary's mission. I miss him a ton. I literally spent 5 months, 24 hours a day with him. Thats over 3,000 hours! You ether learn to love someone or learn to hate them when you've been together that long. Fortunately, I loved that guy like a brother. After that we drove the coast and watched his plane fly out of Hawaii onto his new life. 

So that was pretty big. Plus we were meeting with this lady who really wants to get baptized. We taught her about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and she texted us later how much she really appreciated everything and was excited to be a part of something more. She's super amazing. She is preggers with two twins boys, and she came to church on Sunday and was like, "I think I am only going to stay one hour today. I am suppose to give birth today or tomorrow." And I was like, uhhhhh yeah. You should probably go rest. So she should be popping out two little boys here soon, and after that we are going to baptize her to help her change her life around. 

So, just on another note there is currently an old Chinese women who feel asleep next to me and is snoring like a sailor. Quite amusing.

Also, we are teaching this old 83 year-old lady who came to church for the first time. She's super nice and sometimes takes us out to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. Anyway, she walked in and she sat next to me and loved sacrament meeting! She was so excited and left saying, "Im glad I have a place to go on Sundays now!" She's super awesome and has a lot of energy for an 83 year old. I hope I can be like her some day.

Any whoooo, great week. America's birthday week. Love you all. Love America. 
love, 
Firework King Gleave



Bennett burning a tie (Mormon missionary tradition!).

No comments:

Post a Comment