Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week 58--Everybody just CALM DOWN

Hey guys.
You know what they say, "Another Day, Another Dolla." 
More like, "Another week, another peak" Just each is a new best of my life.
No, wait more like, "Another week, another tweak." Gotta get those drugs! Wait, no. bad.
Okay, here, "Another week, another cheek...to kiss." Ding ding ding! Got a winner! Jk I don't talk to girls. But seriously! The weeks go by way too fast here on the mission. It feels like just yesterday I was ending my last emailing session now here I am again. It makes me concerned that my mission is going by right before my eyes. 

It was a weird week in terms of missionary work. 1st, my sugamama Jean, the 83 year lady we're teaching, got sick, so we couldn't see her. 2nd, our most progressing investigator, Heather, went into the hospital to give birth to twinzy boys! So she was out of the question. And the part-member family, the Quemados, who we're working with had to cancel because they are prepping for their daughters' hula comp. So we were worried that we would have no one to visit. But we finally got into contact with this guy who we've been trying to teach for a while, and we met up with him. His name is Jeffery. He grew up in the Bronx, and has had a rough life, so we taught him about the Plan of Salvation, and he loved it! It gave him meaning to his life. So that was really promising. The cool thing is, as he began to read more and more, and meet with us, his life is starting to fall into order. 

But everything was pretty normal and what not until I was at church on Sunday, and I was ushering for sacrament meeting, and I turned and saw the Quemados at church! I haven't seen them there the whole six months we've been here! Me and my comp were so happy. So we went and talked to him, and he said he had to leave after the 1st hour to make hula skirts out of tea leaves for his daughters hula' compition. So we offered our help, and he told us he would pick us up after church. So we were waiting by a Foodland for him to pick us up, and me and my comp were talking about how it looks bad that we are in front of a store on Sunday, and then the Dad pulls up. And he's not a member, so he doesn't know about keeping the Sabbath day holy, and so he looks at us and tells us to follow him. Then he goes inside Foodland! And we didn't want to be rude, so we followed. And so here we have two missionaries in a grocery store on Sunday. Just a bad scene. I look at my companion and say, "As long as no members see us." Right then, a member walks in and was like, "Oh hi Elders! What are you doing here?" But it was a weird moment where we both knew that we both shouldn't be there, but we didnt want to say anything, so we had a mutual unspoken agreement not to talk about it. Anyway, after the Foodland escapade, we went up to help make hula skirts. That was neat. I felt pretty Hawaiian. All in all, the family is really starting to warm up to us! 

So things are going great. I love raw fish. and I love you guys. Oh and btw the name of the email comes from  service we did this week. I was putting together a sand box when the little 2 year old runs up to me and looks me stern in the eye and says, "Just calm down, alright? Everything is going to be all right!" Then turns and walks away as he moons me with his two year old sandy-butt cheeks. 

Tropical Regards,
Elder "They see me rollin', they hatin'" Gleave
1) The sky was SUPER pretty this week
2) I was yelling "TAKE THE PICTURE TAKE THE PICTURE!" but it was burning my fingers so I dropped it. Thats when he snapped this little guy.
3) This is my companion. We were throwing the rugby ball around. 




No comments:

Post a Comment