Sunday, October 6, 2013

Week 17: FAMIILY

Family!! 
Hey family! I don't have much time to write, but I just wanted to give you a short shout out. It's crazy to hear about the job thing because I was praying the other day and a thought came to my mind and it was something like, "please help my dad get a job" and I was like that's really weird because Dad has a job. But I know that you wrote me and talked about the job you were interviewing for it makes sense why that came into my mind. That's the spirit talking right there! 
I'm so happy to hear about the Broncos!!! I always try to get the score right away and I get very excited when I hear that they win! Payton is nuts. I'm wearing my Bronco's shirt right now; it's the best thing ever. LETS GO DONKS! 
So this week has been AWESOME. We are going to baptize this 9 year-old kid here in the next couple weeks. His name is Zaiden, and he's a super smart kid. His mom is pretty inactive, but we had the primary program this week (which was way funny!) and when Zaiden went up and said his part, his mom cried!! It's really fun teaching him.  His grandparents always give us food whenever we go over there and they are really nice. They own their own Taro farm. I'm so excited to see him be a part of this church! He's such a great kid.
So we've been doing that and just kinda doing the usual missionary grind. Tract alot, which is not awesome, but the blessings that come from it are awesome. At dinner we ate something called Balot. Look it up if you're interested  It's a Filipino food that's really really gross looking. It's basically, where they let the chicken grown in egg for a little bit and you crack it open and there's a little chicken fetus that you eat! So the APs came to dinner with us, and there were 6 of us at dinner. So we cracked it open, and all of us looked at each other and we were all really nervous...but we just did it. We looked at each other and we were like1...2...3...EAT. It wasn't too bad tasting, just the idea of what we were eating was really scary. 
We went to the Browns, probably my favorite family for dinner on Friday, and then he helped  Elder Horsley and me teach the Plan of Salvation on Saturday, then I saw him on church on Sunday, and then he went hiking with us today for P-day, and then we have dinner with them tomorrow!!! 5 days in a row! They always provide a spiritual uplift, and without them I don't know where I would be. They have really made a big impact on my mission so far. You can write them back by the way, they will love it! 
So I have to get going, sorry this was so short we have to teach a lesson soon. I love you all! I pray for you every night! Tell Annie she should get married in Hawaii! Thanks for the Bday package I really loved it! 

Alright familly! Love you all!
Elder Gleave 

No comments:

Post a Comment