Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Week 21: HEY THERE


What's up my homies!

How are things? I heard the mouse motel is starting to become more vacant. That's probably for the better. They are cute little guys but they bring some weird diseases. This week was a very good week! Easily one of the best weeks in the mission! I'm starting to love it here more and more, which makes me scared becuase I think I might have a few more weeks left here. That's the thing about a mission, right when you love a place you get shipped out. But I'm just making the most of it while I can.

We still did a lot of servce this week! I loved it. We made a garden in a back yard of one of the members. We planted pineapple and some other cool stuff. I'm rasing my own little plants in my apartment! So the big news of the week is that yesterday we went over to this family that we've been working really hard with. The parents have been inactive for a while, but they are one of the greatest families I know. Such great hearts! We've been working really really hard to get them back to church, and to get their three kids baptized. So yesterday, we asked them if they wanted to be baptized and they said yes! And the Dad is bringing them back to church!! I cant wait. I love that family so much.

We went to a pumpkin carving party on Friday! That was fun. I carved like a ghost thing and the member was making fun of it saying it looked bad, but then I put a candle in it and it was super radical so I guess I showed him.

We made cookies for a less active member because his wife just had a baby. That was really fun. Who knew missionary work was making cookies?
We're making a lot a lot of progress here. Actually, the Lord is doing a lot of work here.  I just feel blessed enough to be a part of it.  I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for this area. The members are really great, and they help out a lot! It's really fun to see how strong my testimony has grown since being here. Priorities have now been changed. It's like if the Lord is first, everything else will be taken care of.

Anyway, G2G. Love you all! Keep in contact
Elder Gleave

ps thanks for the package! I decorated our place. I will send one soon.




Photo credit--Elder Bennett >>>









<<<Selfie--ghettomish--Halloween costume?

No comments:

Post a Comment